Complex ecommerce solution for the company Protetika. It provides a comprehensive ordering and booking process with integration to the payment gateway.
With its tradition dating back to 1923, the company Protetika is one of the largest manufacturers of healthcare accessories and medical footwear in Slovakia. It operates a network of its own stores throughout Slovakia. The aim was to create a modern ecommerce solution for the company as another sales channel, so much needed especially nowadays with the restrictions on direct contact.
The task was to create a modern, functional, responsive ecommerce solution with a wide offer of footwear and accessories. The assignment contained a number of additional functions, including:
- Customer – registration, profile with order history
- Branches – a link to the list of branches and services provided in them
- Newsletter – Subscribe to the newsletter and don’t miss our news
- Contacts – telephone, e-mail, Facebook, Instagram
- Documents – documents required by legislation
- All about shopping – payments, delivery options, reservations, other services
- Shop management using CMS
02. The solution
The first step was a comprehensive analysis of the current state and new customer needs, modifying the product portfolio and defining UX/UI based on the end-user segmentation. Based on the analysis, we created the final technical specification and the UX/UI design of the entire solution.
The solution is based on open-source technologies and is fully responsive on mobile devices. The content information is fully administrable by the customers using the CMS system built on October CMS. Additionally required functionalities, which are not included in the basic package of the CMS system, were implemented according to the needs of the project.
- Used technologies: PHP 7.4.x, MySQL 8.x, Gitlab
- Automated CI/CD via Gitlab
- Architecture based on web development standards and best practices
- Application modularization – adding, removing modules as needed
- Without any need to procure additional licenses for SW products
List of plug-ins and their functionalities:
- Mall – the official plug-in for creating an e-shop; provides the complete ordering process, order management, product management
- User – the official plug-in for user account management, for their registration, login, password and profile management
- SiteSearch – the plug-in for integrating the product search into the e-shop
- Pages – the official plug-in for creating and managing static pages (wisign editor)
- Slider – the plug-in for banner management
- Images – the default plug-in for product editing
03. The result
Complex ecommerce solution for the company Protetika. It provides a comprehensive ordering and booking process with integration to the payment gateway. The product data is regularly synchronized and integrated with the company’s back-end ERP system.
- Modern portal with an integrated e-shop
- Product detail with a photo for each colour option
- Guidelines on how to choose the right shoe size
- Complex ordering process from A to Z with integration on the payment gateway
- Integration with the back-end ERP system